Oswego Porchfest is a community-driven, neighborhood focused event organized by residents of the Franklin Square District. Our mission is to bring community and culture together. The idea is to have performers present their talents on the front "porches", lawns, and/or driveways throughout the neighborhood. The times and locations of the performances are coordinated and a walkable map showing the times, locations and performers name and type of talent to be presented is provided. The event is free and open to anyone who would like to attend.
To date there are more than 30 performers who have signed up to participate which include; all type of bands, choirs groups, Shakespearian Players, Book and Poetry readings and a Magician. The schedule of performances will be publicized in advance so you can pick and choose the venues you would enjoy most.
The venue area will be from W 3rd Street to West 7th Street from but not including Bridge Street to W VanBuren Street. This grassroots event is modeled after similar and well established events in other cities such as Ithaca, NY. and Buffalo, NY.
If you are or know a performer who might be interested in participating where are the requirements;
• Provide your talent free of charge.
• Performers will play in either acoustic or "unplugged" manner. If amplification is required, the volume will be kept to a level where it does not interfere with others playing nearby.
• Music/acts should be appropriate for all ages.
• Treat everyone with respect, be mindful of private property and do not litter.
• Please be aware of children regarding safety, language, smoking and alcohol.
• Be prepared for rain or shiny
• HAVE FUN!!!
If you live in the area and would like to host a performance on your front porch, lawn, and/or driveways here are the requirements;
• Be available to assist the performers in setting up
• Does your porch/property have electric available for amplifiers if necessary?
• Arrange to have a Porch-Host at your venue at all times during event
• Be prepared for rain or shine
• Inform your neighbors of your participation in Porchfest.
Oswego PorchFest will announce a contest in March to develop a logo/theme for the 2015 T-Shirts. For additional information email; [email protected]