Various techniques will be used, including blowing air through a straw to move ink around the tile. Canned air will be used to create more dramatic flowers by layering two different colors, which results in a glazing effect. Participants will also learn to use an air compressor for more advanced painting techniques. Each participant will be given a 4"x 4" white tile to paint on. Once the paintings are dry, they can be covered with varnish to protect them from damage.
The workshop will take place on Saturday, April 25 from 10am-1pm at the Oswego Civic Arts Center building in Oswego. Participants should bring an apron to wear and can expect to get some ink on their clothes. Vinyl gloves will be provided. Materials used in this workshop have strong odors. Individuals who are sensitive to odors may not want to participate in this workshop. Additional details:
1. The workshop is limited to 10 participants
2. Minimum age for participation is 16yo
3. No prior experience is necessary
4. Each participant will have the opportunity to create four tiles during the workshop.
5. There will be a fee for materials. Further information regarding costs is available on the AAO website: www.oswegoarts.org Individuals can register for the workshop and also pay via Paypal on this website.
6. Additional information regarding the workshop and associated costs is available at the AAO website: www.oswegoarts.org or by contacting Kimberly Rossiter at [email protected] or (315)402-2951.
The Oswego Civic Arts Center is located in the northernmost end of East 4th Street in Oswego, directly across from Fort Ontario.