Partnering with more than 20 business and organizations, as well as school districts throughout Oswego County, United Way of Greater Oswego County's Stuff-A-Bus campaign collects donations of school supplies for distribution to less fortunate students throughout Oswego County.
"Without the support we receive from caring community minded businesses such as Burritt Motors we would be hard pressed to meet the demand for school supplies this year, said Melanie Trexler, executive director of the United Way of Greater Oswego County. "Thanks to Burritt Motors' donation we will able to provide those in need with the basic supplies they will need to start the new school year."
The annual Stuff-a-Bus campaign community collection day will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Aug. 14. School buses will be at the following sites to accept donations of school supplies from pens and pencils to notebooks and backpacks:
• Wal-Mart, Route 49 in Central Square
• Wal-Mart, Route 104 in Oswego
• Wal-Mart, Route 3 in Granby
• Kinney Drugs, 3318 Main St. in Mexico
• Kinney Drugs, 3873 Rome Road in Pulaski
• Kinney Drugs, 17 S. First St., in Fulton
• The Hannibal Village Market IGA, Route 3 in Hannibal
• Fulton Savings Bank parking lot, Route 57 in Phoenix
For more information on the Stuff-A-Bus campaign, contact Melanie Trexler at the United Way office at 315-593-1900; or Jo Ann Conzone at the Oswego City School District Superintendent's Office 315-341-2001.