A second-quarter goal for the Lakers made it a one-goal deficit but the Soaring Eagles held off Oswego down the stretch.
- Result: Elmira 3, Oswego 1
- Location: Laker Turf Stadium – Oswego, N.Y.
- Records: Elmira 2-0 | Oswego 1-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lakers cut their deficit in half during the second period, as sophomore Jenna Rogers connected with rookie Annie O'Neill for a goal to make it a 2-1 game.
- Rogers was to the left side of the goal at the arc and sent a rocketed pass towards the post. O'Neill was able to redirect the ball past the goalie in the lower left corner for an Oswego score at 7:45 of the second quarter.
- It was O'Neill's team-leading second goal of the season while the assist was Rogers' first of the year and second of her career.
- Elmira used one goal in each of the first three periods to collect the victory, despite the Lakers and Soaring Eagles being tied for shot attempts (12-12).
- Oswego doubled-up Elmira in penalty corner opportunities, taking six to the Soaring Eagles' three.
- In her second-career start, goalie Erica Scheblein made seven saves to keep Oswego within striking distance throughout the contest.
Oswego returns to the field at 2 p.m. on Saturday when it travels to Aurora, N.Y. to face the Wells College Express.