Four Lakers went 2-0 on Friday and wrestle in the championship brackets on Saturday.
- Results: TRACKWRESTLING ITHACA INVITE
- Location: Glazer Arena – A&E Center – Ithaca, N.Y.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Oswego's most impressive 2-0 record on the day was earned by Isaac Mathews, as he tore through his two 165-pound competitors.
- In his first battle, Mathews earned a pin in less than two minutes (1:53).
- Later, the sophomore blanked his Norwich University opponent, racking up 16 points for a technical fall.
- Junior Evan Corso one of the Lakers to go a perfect 2-0 on the day, beating each opponent by four-point decisions.
- The 141-pounder dropped RIT's Shane Murphy 7-3 before handling Norwich's Sean Randles 9-5.
- In the 157-pound weight class, Joey Bush also had two victories by decision, downing his counterparts 9-3 and 5-2.
- Rounding out the Lakers with 2-0 marks on the afternoon was senior Jeff Lombardi, following in Corso and Bush's footsteps with two triumphs by decision, allowing just two points in each of his bouts at 197.
- Freshman Logan McGloine also had two wins on the day, sandwiching a loss between the pair to head into the wrestle-back bracket.
- In his first match, McGloine picked up an 18-0 technical fall before not allowing Zach Morris of Norwich to be saved by the bell, recording a fall at 2:33.
- Senior Bryan Coll also had a win by fall (4:15) at 141-pounds and then grabbed a forfeit victory in the fourth round of the consolation bracket.
Oswego will compete on the second and final day of the Ithaca Invitational beginning at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday.