In addition to Operation Oswego County, FBB recently was notified of support from Chuck Handley at Burke's Home Supply. Residents participating in the Block Challenges will be happy to know that, for the second year, Burke's has moved us closer to our goal and will be offering discounts to approved FBB grant recipients," continued Eagan.
Fulton residents who would like to participate in the program need to form a neighborhood group with 50% of the property owners on their block and have them sign the Pre-Application stating that they are interested in the matching grant funding and want to learn more about FBB. Blocks can be made up of both sides of one street or of the homes within 4 streets. FBB Ambassadors are available to help applicants through the process. Follow us on Facebook and look for information on our website.
Operation Oswego County's mission is to establish and implement sound economic development strategies to enhance the economic vitality of Oswego County's businesses, industries, and citizens leading to an overall better quality of life. "Key to our mission is the creation and retention of job opportunities, diversification and strengthening of our economic base, and developing the local economy in a planned, organized and environmentally friendly atmosphere. We think the Fulton Block Builders project fits into this mission perfectly," said L. Michael Treadwell, executive director.
• Friday, March 16, 2018: FBB Neighborhood Recruitment Forms (Pre-applications) are due
• Wednesday, April 18, 2018: Final applications are due
• Monday, April 20, 2018: Deadline to reach the Shineman match needed to secure $100,000 grant
• Tuesday, May 1, 2018: FBB grant awardees announced
• Wednesday, May 16, 2018: FBB Kick Off Event for awardees and sponsors