- Result: Oswego 5, Nazareth 2
- Location: Marano Campus Center Arena – Oswego, N.Y.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Just 51 seconds into the game, sophomore Tanner Spink cashed in a rebound goal by the left post off assists from junior-transfer Anthony Passero and freshman Travis Broughman.
- Less than two minutes later, the Lakers were at it again, as assistant captain Josh Zizek scored unassisted from the top of the right faceoff circle.
- Joseph Molinaro made it an early 3-0 advantage at 6:31 as he chased down a pass from Ryan Bunka in the corner and beat his defender to fire past the Golden Flyer goalie.
- Nazareth would not go away so soon, as it added two goals before the first period horn to trail by just one at the intermission.
- Oswego added a goal in each of the final two periods and kept the visitor without a goal in that same duration.
- The Lakers' second-period tally was another from Spink as he batted a Charlie Pelnik shot out of the air, redirecting the puck past a baffled Nazareth goalie.
- Passero also earned an assist on the play, along with Pelnik.
- In the final 20 minutes, the Lakers tallied their final goal at 12:27 when Aaron Huffnagle sent a pass that Derek Brown tapped to Mitch Emerson for a slap-shot goal on a power-play.
- The Laker penalty kill was unblemished on the night, stopping Nazareth on all four of its extra-man opportunities.
- Each of the Lakers' three goalies played a period apiece, as David Richer (4), Cedric Hansen (3) and Steven Kozikoski (3) combined for 10 saves.
Oswego will have one more tune-up as it hosts the Carleton Place Canadians of the Central Canada Hockey League (CCHL) at 7 p.m. on Saturday for its final exhibition tilt.