Oswego owned a sizable 44-10 advantage in shots on-goal but a 42-save effort by the Mustang netminder spoiled several grade-A Laker chances to keep the tilt close throughout.
- Results: #3/3 Oswego 2, Morrisville 1
- Location: Marano Campus Center Arena – Oswego, N.Y.
- Records: Oswego 14-3-1 (7-3-0 SUNYAC) | Morrisville 4-12-0 (2-8-0 SUNYAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the final period with the game knotted at 1-1, Josh LeBlanc cleared the puck out of the Laker defensive end to Josh Zizek at mid-ice. Zizek and Derek Brown then played give-and-go, with Brown feeding Zizek for the eventual game-winner at 12:41.
- During the second period, the Mustangs opened the scoring at 2:10 but the Lakers answered less than six minutes later.
- Anthony Passero intercepted an errant pass in Oswego's offensive zone and found Travis Broughman by the left post. Broughman slid the puck to the right edge of the crease for a streaking Michael Gillespie who cashed in to even the contest.
- The first period went scoreless despite the Lakers outshooting Morrisville 18-4.
- Oswego's penalty-kill unit was perfect on the night, keep the Mustangs off the board on three extra-man opportunities.
- In net, Cedric Hansen earned the start and the win, making nine saves to remain a perfect 6-0-0 on the year.
The Lakers and Mustangs remain in Oswego to close out their weekend series with another 7 p.m. battle on Saturday night. It will be Schools Night, with children 12 years of age and younger earning free admission with the purchase of an adult ticket.