There will also be a more general class on using different genealogy websites and resources locally and online so people can expand their personal research. The course on ancestry.com will be offered on two days (July 12th and 26th) from 2 till 4pm, and the genealogy course will be held on Thurs. July 27th from 2 till 4pm.
A class will be offered on Saturday, July 8th; this month, it will be a class on upgrading one’s personal computer and the kinds of costs associated with different computer components.
Navigating ArtistWorks will be offered on Tuesday, July 18th, from 5pm – 7pm to allow people to take classes that are working until the evening. A Universal Class workshop will come before it in the afternoon from 2pm till 4pm.
Here is a complete list of all workshops offered next month:
• Computer Maintenance – Wednesday, July 5th, 2 – 4pm
• Computer Tune-Up – Thursday, July 6th, 2 – 4pm
• Upgrading your PC – Saturday, July 8th, 2 – 4pm
• Internet Basics (#5) – Monday, July 10th, 10am – 12pm
• Introduction to Computers (#1 - #3) – Mondays, July 17th, 24th, and 31st, from 10am – 12pm
• Google Classes – Google Docs (Mon. July 10th), Google Drive (Mon. July 17th), Google Earth (Mon. July 24th) and Using Gmail (Mon. July 31st), all from 2 – 4pm
• Navigating ancestry.com will be offered twice this month: Wed. July 12th and Wed. July 26th from 2 – 4pm.
• The remaining available workshops are Seguridad de Internet (Securing the Internet; this course is held in Spanish) on Tues. July 11th, 2-4pm; Using Windows 10 on Thurs. July 13th from 2 – 4pm; Using Universal Class on Tues. July 18th from 2 – 4pm; Using ArtistWorks on Tues. July 18th from 5 – 7pm; Microsoft Office Overview on Wed. July 19th from 2 – 4pm; Navigating NCLS Online on Thurs. July 20th from 2 – 4pm; Navigating Facebook on Tues. July 25th from 2 – 4pm; and Genealogy Resources on Thurs. July 27th from 2 – 4pm.
Tech Help Open Labs will be held on Thursday and Fridays this month and are available from 10am till 12pm on each of the following dates: July 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, and 28.
The Library Learning Center is located on the lower level of the Oswego Public Library, and is open Monday-Friday. All programs are free and open to the public. Please call the library at 341-5867 to register for workshops or if you have further questions. Sign-Up sheets are also available at the main desk for you to sign up for courses.