Isaac Mathews battled to a fourth place finish to pace the Lakers on the day.
- Result: 10th Place (of 12)
- Location: Glazer Arena – A&E Center – Ithaca, N.Y.
- Brackets: Ithaca College Invitational Brackets (PDF)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Mathews rebounded from being pinned in his first match of the day with three-straight victories for a spot in the third-place bout.
- The 141-pounder won the trio of matches by decision, clawing his way through the consolation bracket.
- He upended RIT's Colby Hall 13-9, defeated Western New England's Jeff Suschana 6-3 and beat Castleton University's Mason LaFlam 10-6.
- In the third-place matchup, the sophomore battled to a narrow 6-5 loss to Ithaca's Alec Corrao.
- Heavyweight Bryce Reed had an impressive trio of wins himself, claiming all three by fall for a top eight finish.
- Reed needed a tad more than a minute to pin Norwich University's John Rohrig (1:11) in the second consolation round.
- After beating teammate Wilson Eckert with a fall at 3:39 in the third round, Reed overpowered Castleton's Mason Osborn in just 2:19.
- Junior Evan Corso also earned a top eight finish at 141-pounds after going 2-0 on Friday.
- Corso dropped the quarterfinal bout but bounced back with a monster 20-5 technical fall over Springfield College's Bryce Finnegan before faltering in the seventh round of the consolation bracket.
Oswego will have a full two weeks without a competition before heading to Cornell University for the 50th edition of the New York State Collegiate Championships at 9 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 18.