It is just the Lakers' second loss on the year after opening the season 9-0.
Result: Denison 61, Oswego 50
Location: Woodruff PE Center (Emory University) – Atlanta, Ga.
Records: Denison (4-6) | Oswego (9-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The two squads partook in a back-and-forth first half, with the Lakers owning a one-point advantage heading into halftime.
- Oswego struggled to score in the second half, with Denison posting a 19-8 run over the first 11-plus minutes of the stanza, garnering a double-digit advantage.
- The Lakers were able to cut it to 51-44 with a tad less than five minutes remaining in regulation, but Denison was able to hold its lead for the victory.
- Allen Durutovic had a career-day for Oswego, scoring a team-high 13 points – his first-ever contest in double figures.
- The senior narrowly missed a double-double as well, collecting a career-high 8 rebounds, replacing his previous mark of seven which he set earlier this year in a win over Nazareth College.
- Durutovic trailed only Joe Sullivan on the glass, as the junior once again recorded a double-double with 10 points and 10 boards. It is Sullivan's fifth double-double of the year.
- Oswego's second leading scorer on the day was point guard Liam Sanborn, who scored 12 to go along with three assists and two steals.
The Lakers will return home and resume conference action in a week when they host the New Paltz Hawks at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 8.