Oswego – currently ranked sixth and eighth in the two national polls – had a stellar performance from goalie David Richer despite the loss.
- Result: Geneseo 3, Oswego 0
- Location: Ira S. Wilson Arena -- Geneseo, N.Y.
- Records: Geneseo 11-1-1 (4-1-0 SUNYAC) | Oswego 5-2-0 (3-2-0 SUNYAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Richer stopped 31 Geneseo shots-on goal over 60 minutes, his third-highest single-game save total in two years as a Laker.
- The junior's 31 denials is also a new season-high, 11 more than his highest mark coming into Saturday.
- He allowed just one goal in 5-on-5 situations and stood on his head routinely to keep the Lakers within striking distance throughout the tilt.
- The Knights were able to score a goal in each of the three periods, including bookending the middle-period's even-strength tally with power-play goals in the first and third frames.
- Special teams proved to be a difference maker, as Geneseo cashed in on two of its four power-play chances while the Lakers were unsuccessful on three extra-man opportunities.
- Oswego did own an advantage in face-off wins, nabbing possession 26 times to Geneseo's 22.
- Of the Lakers' 17 shots-on goal, Travis Broughman, Max Novick and Michael Gillespie combined for more than half with three apiece.
Oswego will host the Potsdam Bears at 7 p.m. on Friday to jump start Whiteout Weekend.