Oswego used a goal in the waning seconds of the first half, coupled with a strong defensive effort, to down the Mustangs.
- Result: Oswego 1, Morrisville 0
- Location: Drake Field – Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Oswego 1-0 | Morrisville 0-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore Slater Bushen picked a fine time to record the first goal of his collegiate career. With just 11 seconds remaining in the opening period, Bushen found the back of the net for the eventual game-winning tally.
- Oswego came out strong, outshooting the Mustangs 11-0 in the first 45 minutes.
- The Lakers recorded five more corner-kick opportunities than the host as well.
- Laker goalie Brian Terra earned his first shutout of the season, which was the sixth of his career. The junior made four saves to keep Morrisville off the scoreboard.
- Bushen led all players with four shot attempts while Michael Gualtieri was close behind with three.
- Gualtieri had two of the team's four on-goal chances, while Bushen and freshman Steven Rojas split the remaining two.
Oswego will have the rest of the weekend off before returning to action at 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday when it travels to Hamilton College to face the Continentals.