- Results: Plattsburgh 2, Oswego 1
- Location: Laker Turf Stadium – Oswego, N.Y.
- Records: Plattsburgh 5-4-2 (3-1-0 SUNYAC) | Oswego 3-6-1 (0-4-0 SUNYAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- A Plattsburgh goal in the 64th minute was the difference maker.
- Oswego evened the game at 1-1 in the 52nd minute after trailing 1-0 at the half.
- Freshman Ryan Young weaved between several defenders at the top of the box and ripped a left-footed shot curving past the goalie's out-reached dive into the upper-left 90.
- The Lakers nearly tied the game in the 85th minute as Jason Siracuse warded off a few defenders to send a shot careening just wide of the left post.
- Oswego had the first grade-A opportunity of the game in the 16th minute.
- Plattsburgh was whistled for an infraction leading to a Thomas Osborn free-kick.
- The kick was deflected and popped high into the box, where Siracuse headed it to Anthony Paris, who spun for a round house shot that sailed just high of the crossbar.
- Oswego held a narrow margin in shots (10-3) but trailing in on-goal attempts (4-3).
- Brian Terra stopped two Cardinal shots in the loss.
The Lakers will remain at home at 1 p.m. on Saturday when they host Potsdam for the second day of Alumni Weekend.