Despite scoring the game's first goal, a second half push by the Hawks spoiled the Lakers' bid for a conference win.
- Result: New Paltz 4, Oswego 1
- Location: South Turf Field – New Paltz, N.Y.
- Records: New Paltz 6-3-0 (2-1-0 SUNYAC) | Oswego 3-4-1 (0-2-0 SUNYAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lakers lit up the scoreboard first, a little more than 11 minutes into the tilt.
- Caleb Asamoah scored at 11:38 off a pass from Jack Van Pelt.
- The junior's goal was his second of the year to tie Ryan Young for the team lead while moving ahead of Young for the Laker best in points (5).
- Van Pelt's helper was the first point of the junior's career.
- Oswego nearly held the lead for the remainder of the half until the Hawks broke onto the board in the 40th minute.
- Tied 1-1 at the break, New Paltz took control of the game a third of the way through the final half.
- The Hawks posted three goals between the 60th and 67th minutes to own a three-goal advantage.
- Laker goalie Brian Terra made two saves in the loss.
Oswego will try for a split weekend in the league as it travels to Oneonta for a 1 p.m. contest on Saturday.