In its opening dual on Saturday, the Lakers fell to No. 24 Messiah College before dropping a dual to Wilkes University to close the weekend.
- Dual 1 Result: No. 24 Messiah 30, Oswego 15
- Dual 2 Result: Wilkes 34, Oswego 6
- Location: Lamade Gym -- Williamsport, Pa.
HOW IT HAPPENED (vs. No. 24 MESSIAH)
- Out of nine total weight classes that were contested (forfeit at 125 lbs.), the Lakers were victorious in five.
- Despite winning the majority of the weights, each of Oswego's five triumphs came by way of decision, accounting for the discrepancy in team scoring.
- Evan Corso landed the Lakers' first victory, 7-4, at 141 pounds.
- Christian Gramuglia (157), Trevor Hoffmier (165) and Troy Seymour (174) won back-to-back-to-back weight classes, with Gramuglia and Seymour edging their opponents by a point while Hoffmier earned a five-point spread.
- At 197 pounds, Ricardo Dawkins closed out the Laker scoring with a 9-2 decision over Joe Embleton.
HOW IT HAPPENED (vs. WILKES)
- Isaac Mathews (174) and Jeff Lombardi (184) scored the two Oswego wins in consecutive weight classes, both by decision.
- Mathews allowed just one point to his adversary in a 6-1 win while Lombardi doubled up his counterpart (10-5).
- Oswego lost three matches in overtime, with Corso and Gramuglia each falling in the sudden victory period.
- Hoffmier battled fourth-ranked Nicholas Racanelli to a scoreless overtime period before dropping the bout 4-1 in a tiebreaker.
Oswego will have a mid-week tune-up dual at Brockport prior to next weekend's ECWC Championships. The dual is scheduled for 7 p.m. on Wednesday while the Golden Eagles will also host the conference championships on Saturday.