Oswego's loss closes the chapter on a historic season that included a SUNYAC regular-season title, a SUNYAC Championship crown and a match of the furthest postseason push in the program's history (2015-16 – Sweet 16).
- Result: No. 22 Marietta 78, No. 25 Oswego 61
- Location: Roy J. Carver Center – Augustana College – Rock Island, Ill.
- Records: Marietta 23-6 | Oswego 24-6
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The latter parts of the first half proved to be Oswego's bright spot on the night, erasing a nine-point deficit to trail by just two, 37-35, at the break.
- Marietta led 23-14 with 10:29 left in the first but the Lakers answered with a 21-14 run in the final 10 minutes, including a brief, one-point advantage, 35-34, at the 2:06 mark.
- Oswego and Marietta seemed poised for a nip-and-tuck affair the rest of the way, but the Pioneers were able to push its margin to double digits within the first seven minutes of the second stanza.
- Quinn Carey paced all scorers in the contest, netting 18 points on 5-for-10 shooting from distance and 3-of-4 free throws.
- The senior also chipped in five rebounds, matching classmate Allen Durutovic and trailing only fellow senior Tyler Pierre.
- Pierre recorded his 13th double-double of the season with 11 points and 10 rebounds, leading all players on the glass.
- Joining Pierre and Carey in double figures in the scoring column were guards Liam Sanborn and Brandan Gartland.
- Sanborn scored all 14 of his points in the first half to keep the Lakers squarely in the tilt but succumb to foul trouble early in the second half.
- Gartland missed just one field goal on the evening, scoring a very efficient 12 points to pair with three rebounds and a steal.
- Starter Joe Sullivan had a game-high four assists while scoring five points and collecting three boards.
- Ishmael Chisholm, Louis Fedullo, Hunter Cole, Julien Crittendon, Michael Krause and Cal McTigue all made appearances off the bench for Oswego.
The Lakers will return nine players to the 2019-20 squad as they try to make another NCAA Championship appearance.