It is the fourth postseason conference crown the Lakers have won in the last eight seasons. With the victory, Oswego secures the SUNYAC's automatic berth to the NCAA Championship, which will be its sixth all-time appearance, coming all in the last nine years.
- Result: Oswego 55, Brockport 50
- Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium – Oswego, N.Y.
- Records: Oswego 22-5 | Brockport 17-11
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Oswego survived a nail-biter for the second-straight day, erasing a four-point deficit with less than 3:00 remaining in regulation with a 9-0 to capture the title.
- During that span, Brockport had a few miscues, including two fouls on Laker 3-point attempts, on which Oswego capitalized. In the final 2:49, the Lakers shot 7-for-10 from the charity stripe.
- Four of the Lakers' five starters played the entire game, with leading scorer Quinn Carey only receiving a three-minute blow. The senior tied for a game-high with 14 points.
- Tyler Pierre was able to notch a double-double, scoring 12 points to go along with game-high tying 10 boards.
- Joe Sullivan matched his teammate on the glass with 10 rebounds and missed his second-straight double-double by just two points.
- Following the game, the Laker big men were honored with All-Tournament Team selections, including a Most Valuable Player nod for Pierre.
- For the second-consecutive day, junior Brandan Gartland finished in double-figures, scoring 11 points against the Golden Eagles.
- Point guard Liam Sanborn tallied eight points to go along with a contest-best seven assists.
- Oswego erased a slow-night from the field with its ability to defend and rebound, owning a six-board margin over Brockport (35-29). That contributed to a 14-0 advantage in second-chance points.
- Pierre anchored the Laker defense with three blocks and two steals, while Sanborn and Gartland also picked Brockport's pockets twice apiece.
The Lakers will find out whether it will host a pod of next weekend's NCAA Championship first and second round games and who their opponents will be at 12:30 p.m. on Monday during the NCAA Selection Show. To watch the selection show on Monday afternoon, follow this link: 2019 NCAA DIII Men's Basketball Championship Selection Show.