Oswego defeated King's College in the day's first dual but was unable to upend RIT in the event's final matchup.
- First Dual Result: Oswego 42, King's 8
- Second Dual Result: RIT 38, Oswego 10
- Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium – Oswego, N.Y.
- Records: Oswego (2-2) | King's (0-11) | RIT (5-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Oswego used four victories to down the Monarchs in its first dual of the day.
- At 141 pounds, Evan Corso did not even finish a minute of his bout, pinning his counterpart in just 47 seconds.
- Three weight classes later, 165-pound Isaac Mathews needed just one period to record a pin, downing his opponent in 2:19.
- Senior Troy Seymour made it back-to-back pins at 174 pounds, securing a victory in less than two minutes (1:35).
- Ricardo Dawkins closed out the triumphs by fall for the Lakers, as the 197-pounder was able to beat the buzzer of the first period with a pin at 2:57.
- Against RIT, Corso, Seymour and Bryce Reed put a check mark in the win column.
- Corso achieved his second win of the day with a solid amount of scoring, taking an 11-6 decision. He used four takedowns, one reversal and a point for riding time to arrive his point total.
- Seymour was in control throughout his second victory of the afternoon, accumulating several minutes of riding time to pick up a 5-2 decision.
- Bryce Reed wrestled in the 197-pound weight class and collected four team points with a 15-3 major decision.
- Reed used three takedowns, a four-point nearfall, a two-point nearfall, a reversal and riding time in a highly upbeat match to nab the win.
Oswego will head to Lycoming College next weekend to take part in the Budd Whitehill DIII Duals. Duals will begin on Friday and continue on Saturday.