Sophomore Liz Myers scored the game-winning goal with less than a minute remaining in regulation.
- Final Score: Oswego 2, Houghton 1
- Location: Laker Turf Stadium – Oswego, N.Y.
- Records: Oswego (1-1) | Houghton (0-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Myers' game-winning goal came with 15 seconds left in the contest off an assist from Maggie Riordan. The play marked the first goal and assist of the season for the sophomore duo.
- Katharine Balog gave the Lakers the first lead of the game at 34:55, as she buried a pass from Graisa Madden into the back of the net.
- Houghton responded with its lone goal just three-minutes later to tie it 1-1.
- Senior goalkeeper Emma Allen made two saves in net, increasing her season total to nine, to pick up her 14th career win.
- After each only having one shot on-goal in the first half, Oswego outshot Houghton 9-2 in the final 45 minutes.
- The Lakers held a slight advantage on corner kick opportunities over the Highlanders (4-3).
The Lakers will travel to Fredonia to take part in the Fredonia Blue Devil Classic next weekend and will face the University of Mount Union at 1 p.m. on Friday.