Oswego's only loss came in its middle dual against nationally-ranked York College (Pa.) and bookended it with victories over Williams College and Southern Virginia University. The 2-1 mark on the day moves the Lakers to over .500 on the year at 4-3.
- Dual 1 Result: Oswego 33, Williams 16
- Dual 2 Result: No. 13 York 31, Oswego 11
- Dual 3 Result: Oswego 39, Southern Virginia 6
- Location: Lamade Gym -- Williamsport, Pa.
HOW IT HAPPENED (vs. WILLIAMS)
- Against Williams, the Lakers righted the ship after dropping the first thre weight classes by forfeit, fall and major decision.
- Oswego ran off seven-straight weight class victories, beginning with Rocco Russo's 13-4 major decision over Alex Pankhurst at 149 pounds.
- The only Laker pin in the match came from sophomore Christian Gramuglia at 157 pounds. Early in the final period (5:34), Gramuglia earned the whistle for a fall over Brendon Seyfried.
- Next in the win column was 165-pounder Trevor Hoffmier, who continued the Laker dominance with another major decision, downing Yo Akiyama 10-2.
- Between a pair of forfeit victories for Oswego at 174 and 285 were wins by Isaac Mathews and Jeff Lombardi.
- The former had the closest triumph of the dual, edging Dylan Millson 3-2 at 184 pounds.
- In the 197-pound weight class, Lombardi capped the Lakers' powerful performance with a 15-3 major decision over Bennett Caplin.
HOW IT HAPPENED (vs. No. 13 YORK)
- Against nationally-ranked York, Oswego battled tough with three victories and several close losses.
- Gramuglia picked up his second win of the day in convincing fashion, stopping the match with a technical fall at 18-3.
- The 141-pound Evan Corso was able to pick up a four-point decision (11-7) while Hoffmier also won by decision (6-3), matching Gramuglia's win total through two bouts on the day.
- Oswego fell at three weight classes (149, 165, 184) by a total margin of six, with Lombardi fighting to a close 6-3 loss to nationally-ranked Frankie Krauss.
HOW IT HAPPENED (vs. SOUTHERN VIRGINIA)
- The Lakers won 8-of-9 weight classes that were contested (double forfeit at 125 pounds), including a string of five falls.
- Corso (3:29), Russo (6:17), Gramuglia (0:39), Hoffmier (2:20) and Troy Seymour (1:29) all pinned their opposition to collect a combined 30 team points for Oswego.
- Lombardi, Wyatt Gorman (133 lbs.) and Ricardo Dawkins (197 lbs.) closed out the Laker scoring with three decisions for a total of nine points.
Oswego will face the loser of Messiah College and the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Points on Saturday morning. Check the wrestling schedule later tonight for matchups and times for the final day of the Whitehill Duals.