- Result: Oswego 68, Potsdam 53.
- Location: Jerry Welsh Gymnasium -- Potsdam N.Y.
- Records: Oswego 18-3 (13-1) | Potsdam 12-10 (8-7)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lakers came out of the gates hot on both ends overthe first seven and a half minutes of play, opening up to a 16-3 lead.
- Potsdam chipped away as Oswego held a 28-25 halftime lead, with 12 points scored by the senior Pierre.
- Coming out of the half strong again, the Lakers opened up on a 9-0 run to return to a double-digit advantage, 37-25.
- The Laker lead was cut to as little as seven by Potsdam, but at the 5:19 mark Oswego went back up by 12 after a layup by Allen Durutovic off a dish from Gartland.
- Oswego started to put Potsdam away during the final stretch, going on a quick 7-0 run, and leading by as much as 17 points in the final three minutes.
- The Lakers No. 15 scoring defense in the country held the Bears to just 38.8% shooting.
- Pierre registered his sixth double-double of the season with 22 points and 13 boards.
- Gartland's game-high 24 points was coupled with five assists as he went a perfect 6-for-6 from the charity stripe.
- Liam Sanborn finished with nine points, going 5-for-6 from the free-throw line while grabbing five boards.
- Joe Sullivan also accounted for seven rebounds.
- The win in Potsdam completed the regular-season sweep of the Bears for Oswego, after handing them a 72-70 loss three weeks ago.
The SUNYAC first place Lakers stay up north tomorrow as they take on second place Plattsburgh with a chance to clinch the regular season title. Saturday's pivotal game is set for a 4 p.m. tipoff at Memorial Hall.