Introductory courses will continue to be held on using the 3D printer, and patrons will be shown how they can create different pre-made 3D models that are available online for download. Free workshops will also be created that show where these models can be found. The 3D Printing workshops for September will be held on Tuesday, September 3rd, at 2pm.
Using Google Docs will be offered both at 10am and 2pm on Wednesday, September 18th due to patron requests for it. Navigating Facebook and Navigating Overdrive will also be offered again this month due to patron interest (on Sept. 4th and 11th respectively, both at 2pm).
Erin Lohnas will also be offering two workshops on creating resumes and cover letters due to patrons coming in for help with these frequently as of late. These workshops will be offered on Tuesday, September 3rd from 5-7pm, then again on Tuesday September 17th and Thursday September 19th, both from 2-4pm.
Here is the breakdown of all of the classes that will be offered in September of 2019:
- Mondays, September 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th – Introduction to Computers, #2-#5 (Cycles through 5 Parts), 10am-12pm
- Mondays, September 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th – Internet Basics, #5-#3 (Cycles through 5 Parts), 2-4pm
- Tuesday, September 3rd – 3D Printing Workshop (2-4pm).
- Wednesday, September 4th and Saturday, September 7th – Navigating Facebook (2-4pm)
- Thursday, September 5th – Navigating NCLS Online (2-4pm)
- Wednesday, September 11th – Navigating Overdrive (2-4pm)
- Tuesday, September 17th – Self-Publishing with Amazon (2-4pm)
- Wednesday, September 18th – Using Google Docs (10am-12pm and 2-4pm)
- Thursday, September 19th – Using Universal Class (2-4pm)
- Tuesday, September 24th – Using Social Media Safely (2-4pm)
Tech Help Open Lab will be held on the following dates during the month of September (all of them are from 10am-12pm with the except of Saturday, September 7th, which is from 12-2pm):
- Tuesdays, September 10th, 17th and 24th
- Thursdays, September 5th, 12th, 19th, and 26th
- Fridays, September 6th and 20th
- Saturday, September 7th (12-2pm)
The Library Learning Center is located on the lower level of the Oswego Public Library, and is open Monday-Friday. All programs are free and open to the public. Please call the library at 341-5867 to register for workshops or if you have further questions. Sign-Up sheets are also available at the main desk for you to sign up for courses.