Oswego owned a two-point lead at the break but a Pioneers surge in the second half undid the Lakers.
- Result: Alfred State 70, Oswego 64
- Location: Orvis Activities Center – Alfred, N.Y.
- Records: Alfred State (3-1) | Oswego (1-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lakers jumped out to a five-point lead through the first quarter, but Alfred was able to cut the deficit to two before halftime.
- A 19-12 advantage in the third quarter proved to be the difference for the Pioneers, as the fourth quarter went narrowly 22-21 to the home team.
- Newcomer Samantha Britton paced Oswego with superb efficiency, scoring 16 points on 8-for-14 shooting in just 28 minutes on the floor.
- Rachael Windhausen narrowly missed a double-double with 10 points and a team-best nine boards.
- Also scoring in double figures were Raiven Encarnacion (12) and Ramatoulaye Sy (11). Sy was a perfect 5-for-5 from the charity stripe.
- Junior Quincey Zimmerman went for seven points and seven rebounds, the Lakers' second-most off the glass.
- Closing out the scoring for Oswego were Erin Gantley and Logan Castiglione, both recording four points.
Before the Thanksgiving break, the Lakers will host their home-opener at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday when the Hilbert College Hawks come to campus.