Women's Soccer Succumbs to Clarkson for First LossWritten by Contributor
The Oswego State women's soccer team suffered its first loss of the season in its home-opener against Clarkson University on Friday.
- Result: Clarkson 2, Oswego 1
- Location: Laker Soccer Field – Oswego, N.Y.
- Records: Clarkson (3-1-1) | Oswego (3-1-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Lynsey Roth scored her team-leading third goal of the year at 83:43 to knot the game at 1-1.
- The sophomore received a pass from Audrey Burbidge and beat a defender to the left, ripping a goal past the Golden Knight goalie diving to her right.
- Prior to the Lakers' lone goal, Clarkson capitalized on a corner kick at 76:59 that deflected off the goalie and trickled past the goal line.
- The Golden Knights' game-winning tally came a little more than two minutes after Roth's goal in the final five minutes of play.
- Emma Allen made a diving stretch to her right to try to knock the shot wide, but narrowly missed the eventual deciding score.
- The senior made three saves in the contest, despite taking her first defeat of the year.
Oswego will look to bounce back into the win column at 1 p.m. on Saturday when it hosts St. Lawrence University in a nonconference tilt.
Leave a comment
The iHeartOswego.com website and social media pages promote only positive, upbeat content including comments and reviews. With this in mind, we will only publish the positive aspects of any comments or reviews. You can always find something you like about everything! Negativity has no place within our site. Thank you!