- Result: Sage 5, Oswego 4
- Location: Albany, N.Y. – The Sage Colleges
- Records: Oswego (0-1) | Sage (1-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Oswego mastered the singles circuit, claiming four of the six possible points.
- The Lakers won first, third, fifth and sixth singles.
- Eliza Johnson battled to a 6-3, 6-3 straight-sets victory in the first slot.
- Haru Kobayashi and Samantha Spence both surrendered just one game apiece to their counterparts.
- Erin Vargo earned a break to win the first set before cruising to a 6-1 victory in the second set to claim sixth singles.
The Lakers return home at 12 p.m. on Sunday when they host Elmira College at Romney Tennis Courts.
1. Eliza Johnson (OSWEGO) def. Abbey Clobridge (SAGEW) 6-3, 6-3
2. Rebecca Jackson (SAGEW) def. Lorrayne Broach (OSWEGO) 6-3, 6-0
3. Haru Kobayashi (OSWEGO) def. Sadie Dunne (SAGEW) 6-1, 6-0
4. Julia Geisel (SAGEW) def. Bridget Bender (OSWEGO) 6-0, 6-4
5. Samantha Spence (OSWEGO) def. Alison Trudo (SAGEW) 6-0, 6-1
6. Erin Vargo (OSWEGO) def. Molly Cochrane (SAGEW) 6-4, 6-1
1. Sadie Dunne/Abbey Clobridge (SAGEW) def. Lorrayne Broach/Eliza Johnson (OSWEGO) 8-2
2. Julia Geisel/Rebecca Jackson (SAGEW) def. Haru Kobayashi/Bridget Bender (OSWEGO) 8-2
3. Alison Trudo/Molly Cochrane (SAGEW) def. Lydia Houser/Erin Vargo (OSWEGO) 8-7 (7-1)