Several Laker players were able to take points from their counterparts, but to no avail.
- Result: Geneseo 9, Oswego 0
- Location: Romney Tennis Courts – Oswego, N.Y.
- Records: Oswego (1-2) | Geneseo (2-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- At doubles, both of Oswego's first and second pairings were able to take points from the Knights.
- The first singles team of Bridget Bender and Haru Kobayashi and the second slotted squad of Lorrayne Broach and Eliza Johnson each scored two games in their matches.
- On the singles circuit, Bender was able to take two games in the first sit before taking one in the deciding second set.
- Oswego's best chance for a team point came from Johnson at fourth singles.
- The junior lost by a break in a tight first set, 7-5.
- Johnson followed that by taking two games in the next but was unable to force a third and deciding set.
- Samantha Spence (5) and Erin Vargo (3) were able to win eight games combined at fifth and sixth singles, respectively.
The Lakers will continue with league action when it travels to face the Red Dragons of Oneonta at 1 p.m. on Saturday.