- Result: Oneonta 21, Oswego 16
- Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium – Oswego, N.Y.
- Records: Oneonta 10-7 | Oswego 6-7
HOW IT HAPPENED
- With the Lakers leading 16-12 heading to the 197-pound weight class, the Laker faithful were raucous with the nation's second-ranked heavyweight for Oneonta looming in the final group.
- Ricardo Dawkins and Oneonta's Peter Pjetri did not disappoint the crowd, sending an action-packed battle into overtime. Dawkins used a trio of reversals to wow the fans and stun his Red Dragon opponent in regulation. An Oneonta takedown in the opening moments of the extra period, however, gave three team points to the visitor.
- The Lakers first weight class win of the night came from Coll at 141 pounds. Coll recorded a 4-1 decision with a pair of takedowns, one in each of the first two periods.
- Next was the 149-pound Russo, who also picked up a decision (6-4) with two takedowns, an escape and an awarded penalty point from an Oneonta infraction.
- Sophomore Christian Gramuglia made it three-straight victories and gave Oswego its first advantage of the night at 10-9 by way of a 9-0 major decision.
- At 165-pounds, Hoffmier kept the winning ways rolling with a 7-4 decision that was wrought with tension. The senior battled through a couple of unnecessary roughness shots from his opponent that allowed two penalty points to be added to his score. Those points coupled with two takedowns, an escape and riding time were the difference.
- Closing out the Laker victors on the night was Seymour at 174 pounds. The senior shutout his opponent 4-0 with a take down in the first and a reversal after starting on bottom in the second period.
- 125: Mikey Smith (ONST) over (OSWE) (For.)
- 133: Andrew Desousa (ONST) over Anthony Ianno (OSWE) (Dec 8-2)
- 141: Bryan Coll (OSWE) over Ahken Chu (ONST) (Dec 4-1)
- 149: Rocco Russo (OSWE) over Tyler Brazinski (ONST) (Dec 6-4)
- 157: Christian Gramuglia (OSWE) over Daniel Murphy (ONST) (MD 9-0)
- 165: Trevor Hoffmier (OSWE) over Thomas Marrone (ONST) (Dec 7-4)
- 174: Troy Seymour (OSWE) over Jacob Mansman (ONST) (Dec 4-0)
- 184: Ryan Marszal (ONST) over Jeff Lombardi (OSWE) (Dec 5-2)
- 197: Peter Pjetri (ONST) over Ricardo Dawkins (OSWE) (SV-1 8-6)
- 285: James Bethel (ONST) over Nicholas Schmitt (OSWE) (Fall 1:42)
- 133 Exhib: Wyatt Gorman (Oswego State) over Steven Pocze (Oneonta State) (Dec 7-4)
- 141 Exhib: William Hardin II (Oswego State) over Eric Brach (Oneonta State) (SV-1 8-6)
- 157 Exhib: Josh Bressette (Oswego State) over Peter Oliveto (Oneonta State) (Dec 9-6)
The Lakers will have one more dual to tune-up for regional action when they travel to Cortland for a 6 p.m. bout on Friday.